Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Again??


So I spent a lot of today in studio... again. This morning I had class from 930-1215, where I was in studio. Then I met with the calculus teacher, who knows Johnny, to talk to him about me joining his calculus and analytic geometry I class. He instantly signed my add class form as soon as I mentioned I was Johnny's little sister. It made me smile. After the meeting I had garden project from 130-4.

Garden project was really fun today. We first talked about cover crops and green manure, but at some point I was distracted because a spider decided to hang from my binder somehow so Meredith had to move it for me. Then we went to actually dig up a new bed and plant some cover crops, like fava beans. After that I went to my plot and started getting rid of the weeds growing next to the turnips, potatoes, carrots, and onions. Those weeds are getting annoying.

After garden project I went back to my room for a little bit, only to go back up to studio at around 5. Today we were working on our architectonics class homework. This is the class that I actually get to draw full on plans, site plans, sections, and then build my models. It's a really fun class, just takes up a lot of time to actually get to the modeling part. We were done around 8ish, went to put our stuff in our rooms, and then got dinner. After dinner I came back and hung out with some of the girls in my garden project community. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I've gotten closer with them.

This is a picture of the farmer's market group within the garden project. I used to be a part of them up until I got my job. Every Thursday starting at 1030, a group goes up to the garden over by Lone Mountain to gather the crops we've produced and give them away for a suggested donation in from of Kalmanovitz Hall (K Hall) until around 1, I believe. It's a lot of fun and I really miss being a part of that group.

No comments:

Post a Comment