Monday, April 19, 2010

I Know, I Know

Okay so it's been... a long time. I'm sorry :'(
But I promise to fix it. I'm going to try posting a little blurb every day from now until my 19th birthday on May 21st. Because not only is it my 19th birthday, but it will also be the end of my first year away at USF. So here it begins:

This past Friday, my friends and I decided to head downtown to the AT&T Ball Park and watch USF take on Saint Mary's College. We won, of course, but it was so much fun. The Giant's stadium is SOOOOOOOO much smaller than Dodger Stadium, or so it seemed like it to me. Dad was jealous because he's never been there so I took pictures and sent them to him while I was watching the game.

For the past couple of weeks, and for a few more weeks, Garden Project is making a kitchen in the garden! I've been lucky enough to be allowed to come and help build the kitchen and I was included in the original design of the kitchen as well. It is so much fun to actually be out there and build something at full scale, rather than at half or 1/8" =1'.



Tomorrow is my mid-review on my final project for my architecture studio 2 class. We're being told to design a sculpture gallery and reading room. We're also being told to incorporate our mid term project, where we were all assigned a different architect and had to recreate a section of their work. I was assigned Ray and Charles Eames, a married couple during the 50s that created a Case Study House out in Santa Monica. This house was made out of steel, glass, and opaque panels. The Eames house focused solely on bringing light into a small space, making it seem larger. I am going to incorporate this idea of light and space into this project to see how it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment