Tuesday, April 27, 2010

23


I know I skipped a couple of days. My parents came up for a visit and we ended up going up to Santa Rosa to the Mark West Lodge to set the date of May 29th, 2011. Yes that's right, my sister's getting married in one year and 31 days. That's crazy if you think about it.

So anyways, my parents came up this weekend and on Saturday I took them to the Ferry Building. Of the 7 years that we've been coming up here my parents have never been to the Ferry Building. For once I can show them something new :D
So we went to the farmers market there and walked around for a while. My mom ended up getting some flavored honey sticks and orchids, dad got some hummus dips, and I got some strawberries. Everything tasted really good. After the farmers market we went across the street to the arts and crafts fair and my mom got a fused glass pendant that is really pretty. After we got food at a small gyros place within the Embarcadero Center. They were really good. I also took my parents to the corner of Battery and Pacific, where my final studio 1 project is based off of. They thought it was really interesting because 250 years ago that spot was underwater, and then became known as the barbary coast trail, which my dad actual knew about.

Saturday afternoon consisted of going up to the Mark West and meeting with Alli for the final time before plans start becoming definite. It was really great seeing her again because she is so sweet and so helpful. We're really excited for when Marie and Nick actually get to meet her. After spending about 2-3 hours at the Mark West, we headed back into Santa Rosa so my dad could look at a few hotels around the area to get a few ideas. We ended up eating dinner in Sausilito at the Spinnaker. It was a nice restaurant, but not one of the best that we've been to. But hey, it's all about the experience, right?

Sunday we went to church and then I took my parents to this restaurant called Q on clement and 3rd. My friends/coworkers Eivette and Allie took me there a few weeks ago and it tasted so good that I had to take my parents to another new place in the city. I got the mac and cheese with tater tots, mom had the chicken enchiladas, and dad had a burger. Everything tasted pretty good, but my mom said that when we go back she's going to get the mac and cheese and tater tots cause they tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment