Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Il Carnevale di Venezia

Venice!!! While it was extremely cold, it was absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to go and experience the city, especially during Carnevale. I need to go back though because there is just so much more of the city that I want to see.













We did the trip through Bus2Alps.com since it was cheaper that way than to do it by ourselves. We really had a blast. Driving there by bus took about 3 hours or so, and we ended up driving through a blizzard at one point, it was really crazy.As soon as we got there we went to San Marco square to look for food and masks. We had excellent pizza, it probably tasted better than usual since we were so hungry.
There were people everywhere.
And you could totally tell who was American because they were the ones yelling in english about partying and getting drunk, even though they were already falling over themselves, gosh stupid people.
Anyways, so many people were dressed up in costumes and elegant masks.
We had a lot of fun searching for our own masks to wear. It was difficult though.
The girls literally just kept trying on different masks, butI waited. I needed to find that one mask that just stood out from the rest and that I couldn't take my eyes off of.
Luckily enough I found it. It wasn't too extreme like some of the other ones we found, but it was perfect to me. We all ended up picking out masks that matched what we were wearing at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment